Lamplight is hosted software: we look after all the servers and backups and keeping everything up-to-date, and you pay a monthly fee to use it, for as long as you need it.
Our approach to pricing is simple: no secrets and no surprises. Why should you have to contact us to find out how much it’s going to cost? We don’t like it so we’re not going to do it to you. And no surprises – you’ll know how much it’s going to cost you at the outset.
All costs below exclude VAT. As you go through and select the modules and services you require we’ll work out what it’ll cost you.
Monthly Hosting Fee for Lamplight (per project)
What we don’t charge for
Basically, we don’t charge for anything that’s not listed above. In particular, some other suppliers might want to charge for you for some of the following items: we don’t!
- No initial licence fee
- No charges to add a field / change something or other – you can do it all within the system
- No charges to get your data – you can download a complete backup of your data at any time
- Want to upload your own data yourself? Use the data upload wizard for no charge
- No termination fee or long contracts – after the first 3 months, it’s a one-month notice period
- No charges for upgrades to the system – we’re always adding and tweaking the system – ask us if you want something added (although new modules do cost more, if you want them).
Our hosting fees have been remarkably stable over the years. We’ve been going since 2004, when the core system cost £10/month. It went up to £15 when we stopped making SSL optional (but it cost us a bit more to provide). So while we obviously have to reserve the right to increase our charges (with due notice), we think our track record shows you’re not going to get gouged for more money than you were expecting a few months after signing up.