The Publishing Module enables you to use data from Lamplight to keep your website up to date and user-focused with event listings, online bookings, searchable partner directories and direct referrals. Updates to the module itself mean that this is now possible without the need for coding and web developers.
What is the Publishing Module used for and is it right for us?
Your website is an important part of keeping your services accessible and with regular, relevant content you can engage your service users directly.
Thinking about what your website visitors need in order to understand and access your services is good practice and Charity Comms give further guidance. You can develop a set of online ‘Content Principles’ to help you focus on what’s important to optimise your website content production.
What can we achieve with the Publishing Module?
The Publishing Module enables you to publish and receive information directly through your website to/from Lamplight keeping your service users up to date and saving you time on administrative tasks.
Up and coming events recorded in Lamplight can be shared on your website so that people stay up to date with the support you’re offering.
Take Bookings Online
Reduce the time you spend on administration by enabling people to book on to your events and services directly via your website.
Enable Direct Referrals
Create a profile and link it to a referral record for you to take forward.
Include Searchable Directories
Profiles you choose to publish from Lamplight can be included in your website as an informative ‘About Us’ staff page or a helpful partner agency directory.
This is all secured in multiple ways – only records you explicitly publish are available to be published so you are in control of your data at all times.
New Publishing Widgets make this simpler
Optimising your website with the Publishing Module has become achievable without the need for coding thanks to a recent update. New publishing widgets now let you create a snippet of html in Lamplight that you can copy and paste into your website, and it just works!
Creating a widget:
1. Make sure the settings you need are enabled
2. Create a widget – choose the type you want, give it a name, and set any details you need
3. Copy the html from Lamplight and paste it into your website
Can We Create QR codes to automate event and session registers?
The Publishing Module enables you to employ a QR code registering process for events and service user sessions which has multiple advantages from Health and Safety to saving significant time for both your staff and attendees.
The Publishing Module enables further functionality with the support of a web developer using the Lamplight API enabling you to:
- Create multiple profiles and link them together for more complex referral flows
- Accept bookings to work records, or add to a waiting list if the session is full
- Create relationships between profiles
- Build a member portal which draws on and updates data in Lamplight
- List profiles including custom field data
- Configure settings to control exactly which profiles and which fields are available through the API
- Add new profiles and update existing profiles, including custom field data
- List published work records including custom field data. This can include a limit on the number of spaces, and whether bookings can be taken via the API on a record-by-record basis
- Add attendees to work records (using email or ID as an identifier)
- Create relationships between profiles
- Create referral records, including custom fields
- Add profiles to waiting lists and manual groups
Try the module free for one month
As with all our modules you can trial the Publishing Module free for one month and it will cost £5 (+VAT) per month if you choose to keep it. To start a free trial, go to system admin > your account > add or remove modules or projects > and tick the publishing module box.
You’ll have access to help resources showing you how to use the module so once switched on in your system, visit The Hub for further resources and tutorials.